We’re Committed to Supporting Our Community As CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals, we have the unique…
KATHERINE KEPPEL, CFP®, CLU®
Learn More About our Salem, OR Location
Visit Our Salem Website
Q&A with Katherine
Why did decide to work in this field?
Honestly, I did not decide to work in this field. It decided on me. When I was in college, financial planning was not a career path. As a wife and mother, I followed professional opportunities as they availed themselves and that paired with my unique abilities. Even though I did not choose this path, thirty plus years later I am still thankful it chose me.
What do you find most enjoyable about your work?
I am humbled to assist our clients and their families during their brightest and darkest times. I am also privileged to help them navigate the various, ever-changing, and uncertain chapters of their lives.
What do you find most difficult about your work?
I’ll be blunt, social media. During this chapter of my personal and professional life, posting updates on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and X (the platform formally known as Twitter) is a challenge. I live a beautiful, blessed, and boring life.
Tell me about your family.
I am the youngest of six children. My father passed away at the age of 55 when I was 23. My mother is in her 90’s and has dementia. I was married for 37 years, divorced since 2017. I have two sons that have brought some of the greatest joys and challenges in my life. I have survived breast cancer twice. I mention these because they are part of who I am and, I believe, help me relate to our clients in their various life roles. Life may not be easy, but it is an adventure.
With over 30 years of experience, Katherine has a wealth of knowledge around financial planning, investment management, and client service. She has a unique ability to encourage clients to open their minds to the possibilities they haven’t considered and loves to ask, “What if?” Katherine is a strong believer in the power of a plan and works to bring clarity and confidence to the ever-changing chapters of our clients’ lives.
In addition to her CFP® certification, Katherine carries the designation of a Chartered Life Underwriter. This gives her knowledge and experience in the insurance needs of our client families.
Katherine loves the outdoors and the arts. In her free time, you can find her working in her yard or craft room, kayaking and camping in the Pacific Northwest, attending fabulous plays at Keller Auditorium as a season ticketholder, and training Quill, her Sheepadoodle. Katherine has two sons, Josh and Ben. Both are grown and live on the West Coast.
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional since 2005
- CFP® Education Certificate | College for Financial Planning
- Chartered Life Underwriter professional since 2006
- Chartered Life Underwriter Advanced Education Certificate | The American College
- State of Oregon Insurance Consultant License for Life and Health
- Member | Willamette Valley Estate Planning Council
- Member | Financial Planning Association, Oregon & SW Washington Chapter
- Past Board Member | Financial Planning Association, Mid-Oregon Chapter
- Past Co-Chair of Programs | Financial Planning Association, Mid-Oregon Chapter
- Member | Rotary Club of Salem
- Volunteer | Marion Polk Food Share
- Volunteer | Paws for Love Therapy Dogs
- Past Board Member | Eugene Concert Choir